RUTGERS-CAMDEN CENTER FOR THE ARTS
Third and Pearl Sts.
Camden, NJ 08102
Read the RCCA Blog
- Camden Art Gardens
- Spring and Art Festivals
- Summer Art Soup
- Encore Arts
- After School Arts
- The Big Read
- Artist Opportunities
For more than 10 years, RCCA has conducted out-of-school arts education and community arts projects in collaboration with neighborhood anchor organizations. Projects have included Clay Tile Murals, Camden Art Gardens, A Camden Christmas Carol, and Fall Festival Concerts, and are directed by highly qualified civic artists.
The objectives of these programs are:
- to enhance the appearance and livability of neighborhoods through the creative investment of its residents of all ages and abilities;
- to increase residents' pride in their community through visible legacies of accomplishment;
- to expand participants' confidence and perspectives through the discovery, development, and recognition of personal skills and talents;
- to strengthen social networks and the values of reciprocity and trust;
- to increase community vitality and active civic participation; and
- to create a sense of place that capitalizes on the community's assets and aspirations.
The community and artist programs manager at the Rutgers–Camden Center for the Arts maintains a strong connection with community groups and serves on the District 1 Community Board. Assessment methods and techniques are incorporated into each project and activity, and the data is directly applied to the improvement of all components.